Monday, March 18, 2013

Sean's First Dance...

In case you didn't know, Sean is back on ABC!  We don't have to say goodbye to him yet, which means you don't get to say goodbye to ME yet either!  Bonus!  Tonight is the first episode of the new season of Dancing With the Stars and I am of course ecstatic with the cast selection- mainly Sean! But I have to admit I am actually cheering for my girl Aly Raisman!!!  I can't abandon my gymnast roots!!!  Sorry, Sean, you are only 2nd place in my heart this season.  But oh well, it's time to check out Sean's dance moves...

First we get to see a little glimpse of Sean's past (don't we ALL already know this stuff?) and ABC gets another chance to show off all the rumors and gossip about Sean's "personal life" aka his virgin status. We just can't get enough about your sexuality, Sean!  Sean explains that he is on the show because he wants even more publicity-- er-- wait, it's because he doesn't want to embarrass his future wife Catherine for their first dance.  How sweet! 

Yikes... this is what we get this season... (ABC)
Sean is dancing with Peta, and we get to see them at work in their practice sessions.  Sean admits that he is not a natural dancer, and that is an understatement.  He may look good shirtless, but definitely NOT looking good moving those hips.  Sean better get some practice in before that wedding night...

They dance the Foxtrot to "Power of Love" and Sean looks cheesier than ever.  I will admit, he wasn't awful (if you want awful, watch D.L. Hughley's performance), but he wasn't wonderful.  He definitely has a winning smile and looks adorable from the neck up.  But the dancing was a bit stiff- dancing is all about the sexuality and clearly he does not have that going on right now!  He needs to reconsider his "personal" decisions if he wants to succeed on this show, in my opinion.  He gets decent feedback from the judges but I am confident he will go a few weeks at least due to his fan base. 

I can't stop wondering how Catherine feels about all this.  She is so down-to-earth and normal and I have a bad feeling that this show will put a strain on their relationship... I hope not, but I am a bit worried!  We'll have to watch that one closely...

This week there are no eliminations, so we will see Sean's fate decided next week, but I feel good about his chances of sticking around for a while- so stay tuned for feedback from the next episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment